How to make a kite:
Illustration 1: front of kite
Illustration 2: back of kite
1. Select a pattern for the kite: butterfly
2. Use a large piece of white tissue paper
to trace the pattern;
3. Color the kite and cut it out from the tissue paper;
4. Glue paper ribbons to decorate and strengthen the
edges of the kite ;
5. Ask an adult to help you use cutter or razor-blade to split a 12-inch
bamboo skewer lengthwise (AB and CD) and tape the two thin sticks onto the
back of the kite as shown in illustration 2.
6. Cut a 24 in X 2 in. tail from colored tissue paper and use transparent
tape to attach it to the back of the kite.
*Bamboo skewers are available in the kitchen aisle in supermarkets.